What to Bring
- Preferred footwear is usually lightweight, waterproof walking shoes.
- A pair of amphibious sandals will be useful for canoeing, on duPlooy's "beach" and other watery activities.
- Lightweight, quick-drying clothing is definitely an advantage.
- A hat is usually essential at some point, a wide-brimmed one being best.
- Evenings and early mornings can get a little chilly; bring at least one warm item.
- duPlooy's does not sell bottled water. Bring your own bottle to refill at the bar or office or buy one from us. duPlooy's packed lunches come with large flasks of water and juice.
- Sunblock is highly recommended. Activities such as horse riding, swimming and canoeing will increase your exposure to the sun.
- There are not many biting insects in the areas around duPlooy's; however an organic insect repellent is a good idea
- A flashlight is a good idea for walking around at night and for our guided night walks.
- For canoeing, a "dry bag" is a real bonus.
- If you are a photographer, bring twice as much film or memory as you think you need - you WILL use it!